Followers

Friday, October 24, 2014

Altered Cigar Box

Namaste Guys


I love altering things and have you seen the New Collection from Prima The Cigar Box Secret!! Oh name is is so enticing and the papers are even more so!
I had This box and I wanted to alter it.  This was a plain kraft colored MDF box!!


Steps to Alter

Step No. 1

I painted the edges with Black soot distress daubers. All the edges inside out. then used my heat tool to dry it out and repeated the procedure as MDF soaks up paint. and dried it again!!

Step No. 2

I chose the paper I wanted and simply measured each of the sides and cut at 1/8th" less, this way I had a nice black border all around and adhered the paper after i had inked it with Vintage Photo distress ink.


Step No. 3 

Repeated the same process on the inside. Just measure, cut, ink and adhere.


Step No. 4

I Used Alcohol inks to stain the metal hardware, I should have done it before i glued the paper but it was fine!!
I also, stained some hardware metal corners for embellishing the top!!


Step No. 5
I backed an MDF clock cutout with some pattern paper and glued it to the top and then took another swirly MDF pattern and glued it down , In the end I created a bouquet of flowers are around my two MDF pieces.


Hope you like it!!

Thanks for visiting , Don't forget to subscribe 
Ciao
Ash

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used Prima's new collection. Very pretty and also love how you matched the flower color to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post. great way to use cigar boxes for crafts. please keep sharing more.

    ReplyDelete